Gap year in Doughnut Economics | September 2022 to June 2023
Looking for an opportunity in your gap year?
Cambridge Doughnut Economics Action Group (CamDEAG) is looking for candidates for their Young Ambassador programme which will introduce students to Doughnut Economics principles. Doughnut Economics envisions a world where everyone lives within the limits of the planet while, at the same time, ensuring the wellbeing of all.
Join our programme to:
- Make a positive impact in your local community
- Increase your knowledge and skills in Doughnut principles and regenerative economics
- Contribute to the urgent mission to tackle climate change and social injustice.
Your Year in Doughnut Economics 2022-23
3 months of fully-funded Doughnut Economics education
- Doughnut Economics concepts
- climate and environmental studies
- social and political science
- measuring impact
- legal and ethical principles
- basics of environmental and social reporting
6 weeks of practical social and community research supported by citizens with years of experience in delivering aid to the community.
3-4 months placement in social enterprise or non-profit enterprises, local government, or eco-system impact hubs.
Your conclusions from research and work placement will be presented in a Cambridgeshire-wide exhibition and on social media.
How to Apply
Contact the Cambridge Doughnut team at email@example.com to know more about the programme.
This gap year programme is open to Cambridgeshire residents and is limited to 15 placements for students leaving sixth form in Summer 2022. Ideally you will have GCSE Maths Level 8/9* and good essay-writing skills.
* Exceptions considered